NEED A LIGHT AND FUN-FABULOUS APPETIZER FOR A PARTY?
I’ve got the answer for you! My Olive Tapenade Mousse on English Cucumber Slices is the hit of the party! These little bite size hors d’oeuvres are perfect to just pop in your mouth and taste the juicy crunch of the cucumber with the salty creaminess of the olive tapenade mousse is music to your tastebuds! I was so happy to host a wedding shower on a Saturday afternoon in April for about 45 guests to celebrate the upcoming wedding of a very special young woman. In addition to a Charcuterie Board, Fruit Skewers and a homemade Chex and nut trail mix, it was just enough to tempt the palette of my guests while they sipped a signature cocktail and conversed with the bride-to-be over her beautiful gifts from her registry at Crate and Barrel.
This is such a fun appetizer to make and presents beautifully! I challenge everyone to give it a try, even if you don’t like green olives! I think you’ll be amazed at how much you’ll love this appetizer! For those who are questioning, venture out of your comfort zone! You won’t be disappointed! I promise!
Until next time,
Let’s get cookin” and entertainin’,
Olive Tapenade Mousse over Freshly Sliced Cucumbers
- 1 Stand or hand mixer
- 1 Chef's Knife
- 1 Piping bag with fancy tip You can also snip the tip of a Ziploc bag and use that to pipe the mousse on top of the cucumbers.
- 2 English cucumbers
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup green olives stuffed with pimentos, finely chopped
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp capers, minced
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp Hoby's Essentials Happy Paprika substitute regular or smoked paprika
- ¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup green olive juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Wash and pat dry cucumbers.
- Peel cucumbers in a strip pattern, lengthwise, or you can leave all the skin on. Set aside.
- Whip heavy cream in mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Scrape into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Place softened cream cheese in mixing bowl and blend on medium until well blended. Add whipped cream and blend on low until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients, and blend on low until well combined.
- Lay cucumbers out on a cookie sheet or just on your kitchen counter.
- Fill the piping bag with the mousse and pipe on top of each cucumber.
- Add chopped green olives with pimentos for garnish on each cucumber.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Plate on a serving dish and sprinkle lightly with paprika.