When you think of fall, what comes to mind? For me it’s apples, pumpkin, spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie, and hearty herbs like sage, rosemary, thyme, and turkey, lots of soups and fall desserts like s’mores by the fire, and pumpkin and apple pie! And also, fall mixed drinks like this Apple Cider Pear Margarita!
You all know my summertime Margarita is the Frozen Mango Margarita, and now I have one for the fall! I make it on the rocks, and instead of rimming the glass with salt, I use a cinnamon – nutmeg sugar combination. Wow!
What I also love about this drink, is you can make a batch ahead of time, put it in the fridge, get your glasses rimmed and ready, and entertain a group with this signature drink! Just slice up some granny smith or red delicious apples, and the night is young!
Have some fun with this drink! Let me know what other fall drinks you’ve got in your repertoire that you’d like to share! I have another one to share soon!
So until next time….
Let’s get Cookin’ (and Drinkin’ ….but always drink responsibly!)
Apple Cider Pear Margarita
- Margarita Glasses
- 4 ounces Tequila I use Jose Cuervo Gold
- 8 ounces Apple Cider
- 2 ounces Pear Liqueur I use Mathilde Liqueur (Poire)
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 apple, sliced for garnish I like granny smith as they add a little tartness
- `1 tsp fresh lime juice (optional)
- Pour liquid ingredients into the pitcher and mix until well blended.
- Add ice and mix.
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon and spices together on a flat dish.
- Wet the rim of your glass and dip in the sugar mixture.
- Pour the margarita into the glass.
- Garish with fresh apple slices.
- Drink up!