I can’t actually remember when I started to put these simple ingredients together that go into my Blended Oil Seasoning. But whenever it was, it changed my life cooking in the kitchen! We are so rushed these days racing home from work, getting the kids homework done, trying to figure out what to have for dinner, let alone how to make it quickly, and most of all, getting it down the throats of the family before heading out or doing the next thing on the list.
Have no fear…..Madeline is here! I have the solution to flavor your everyday dishes. My Blended Oil Seasoning! There are so many oils to choose from today; olive and extra virgin olive for flavor, grape seed for high temperature, avocado and canola for healthy fat, vegetable for, well everything else….and the list goes on. So, when in doubt, blend some together! You can’t go wrong!
My basic recipe calls for 1/2 cup of each of these oils: grape seed, olive, canola and avocado. Then the piece de resistance is Kirkland’s Organic No-Salt Garlic Seasoning. This is the M&M’s of seasoning! It has every spice and herb imaginable and goes on EVERYTHING…and I mean EVERYTHING! Add 3 tablespoons to your blended oils, along with 2 ½ tablespoons Kosher Salt and 2 tablespoons Black Pepper, and voila! It’s magic! I use a plastic ketchup container and snip the top off just a little bit, so the hole is a little larger when you give it a squirt on your favorite food!
I use this on my Succulent Roasted Shrimp, my mouth-watering Roasted Vegetables, when I pan-fry Tilapia, or sautee garlic and onion for my Classic Tomato Sauce, and even as a marinade for chicken, pork, or beef. I don’t leave home without it! Dare I say it reminds me of that “Skin So Soft” that Avon came out with that could revitalize your skin, ward off mosquitos and clean the tire rims of your car, all in one bottle? Well, you get the idea. And one more important thing: don’t forget to “shake it up” before using!
Let’s get cookin’!
Blended Oil Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil I refer just olive oil or light tasting olive oil
- 1/2 cup Grape Seed Oil
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil
- 1/2 cup Canola
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Cracked Black Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Kirkland No-Salt Garlic Seasoning I buy this at Costco already mixed in a jar but you can make your own mix with powders and spices of your preference.
- Combine oil and seasonings in a 18 - 20 ounce ketchup squirt bottle or salad dressing shaker. Shake vigorously with each use so that the salt, pepper and seasonings blend well before use. Drizzle or lightly squirt on vegetables, meats, salad, potatoes, and grains. Use on any food you would roast, sauté, bake or grill.