LOVE THIS CAESAR SALAD AND CREAMY CAESAR DRESSING RECIPE!
I’ve had this Caesar Salad Dressing recipe for years! I actually keep it taped to the inside of my cabinet where I cook so I can refer to it often! I do pretty much have it memorized, but it never hurts to check on the ingredients because I have known to miss one or two over the years! You should have everything for this recipe in your pantry and fridge, and you just need to dump all the ingredients together and whisk away!
But this year, on Mother’s day, I was in a rush to get dinner out on the table hot and realized I still had to make the salad dressing. So I added all the ingredients to the already chopped garlic I had in my mini-blender. I turned that blender on high and with a few pulses I realized it became a rich and creamy Caesar dressing! It’s my new favorite way to make this! I wasn’t even thinking about how the oil, mustard and egg end up emulsifying together when you put it in a mini blender! I should have known better! And it was a hit!
I had some left over the next day for lunch and threw some chicken on it to make a meal out of it! And, I left out my left over garlic bread overnight to get crunchy, cut them up into croutons, and threw them on the salad as well! voila! Delicious!
SOMETIMES THE BEST THINGS AREN”T PERFECTLY PLANNED!
I’ve found sometimes that when you are open to whatever happens to come your way, you can end up with a new way of doing things! And sometimes, something good can come out of something that didn’t start out going your way. You just have to be open to it! So the next time you are in a pinch, be open to the creativity that can flow through you even if it’s as silly as making a Caesar salad dressing rich and creamy when the original recipe didn’t call for it!
So until next time,
Let’s get cookin’
Caesar Salad with Creamy Caesar Dressing
- 1 Medium Mixing Bowl
- 1 Food Processor or Blender
Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper (fresh ground)
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 small egg
- 2 tsp garlic, freshly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated I like Pecorino Romano or Locatelli
- ½ cup parmesan or provolone cheese, shredded
- 3 heads Romaine lettuce, chopped or torn into pieces
- 2 cups croutons, preferrably home made from previously toasted garlic bread
Caesar Salad Dressing
- Whisk together all ingredients for the salad dressing together in the medium mixing bowl.
- For a creamy version, put all ingredients for the salad bowl together in a food processor or blender. (I use a mini blender.)
- Place Romaine in a large salad bowl.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and croutons.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss, and serve by itself or with grilled chicken, shrimp, salmon or tuna on top!