WANT A HEALTHY, EASY ONE PAN CHICKEN MEAL?
Try this Weight Watcher’s inspired recipe I’ve had in my recipe box from way back! I’ve just added broccoli to it, and recommend you serve it over brown or white rice! Couldn’t be easier or amazingly tasty and healthy, too! About 8 points a serving! And you get your well rounded meal all in one!
And as for the type of chicken you use, it’s up to you, but I really LOVE boneless chicken thighs! They have so much more flavor, and if I can substitute boneless thighs when I can, I always do! But my husband prefers boneless breasts! So when I can, I will use a little of both, like when I make chicken soup or my chicken pot pie. And sometimes I can separate the breasts from the thighs like when I roast chicken pieces and we can select our own in that case!
DON’T FORGET HOW TASTY APRICOTS ARE, AND GOOD FOR YOU, TOO!
Apricots are a great source of beta carotene, and Vitamins A, C, and E! I remember growing up my Mom used to serve Apricot juice in the morning for breakfast in those tiny juice glasses! I always loved it’s sweet taste and silky texture! And the color they add to a dish is magnificent! Apricots pair so well with poultry and pork, and add that sweet taste to tangy sauces like ketchup, mustard, and vinegar. This recipe has it all, and I think it will become a staple in your recipe box!
BALANCING TASTE, EASE AND HEALTH IN DISHES!
We all struggle to put dinner on the table every night, especially if we are working during the day, picking up children, running errands, doing homework or catching up on laundry! And anytime we can make a meal in one pan, pop something in the microwave or air fryer, and have it be tasty and healthy, like this Apricot Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry, do it! I’m here to help! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions, want to share your ideas, or have any feedback!
Until next time,
Let’s get cookin’ together,
Easy One Pan Apricot Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 Large Stove Top Sauté Pan
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed
- 1 cup apricots
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts separated)
- 2 tsp peanut or sesame oil
- ⅓ cup fat free chicken broth
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar or honey
- 1 tsp cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- 1 head broccoli florets
- 1 packet Uncle Ben's Microwavable Brown or White Rice
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Add white parts of scallions and saute until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and stir fry 3 - 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken broth, vinegar, ketchup, and sugar/honey, stirring well to blend.
- Add sauce to chicken, along with apricots and broccoli.
- Cover and simmer another 3 - 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. and broccoli is tender.
- Remove cover, stir in dissolved cornstarch, and cook until thickened.