WHAT MAKES A LONG WEEK WORTH IT?
A French 75 Martini at the end of it! I really never knew about this drink until we had a version of it over the Holidays when we were in the Bethlehem Hotel in Pennsylvania. Gin, Lemon Juice, Champagne, Simple Syrup and a Splash of Limonata or Club Soda! Traditionally served in a champagne glass, I say, better yet, a martini glass, and you’ve got the perfect ending to a long week of work!
I could embellish on this drink for a few more paragraphs, but I think it will speak for itself! Give it a try in a martini glass rimmed with lemon rind and sugar, or put it over the rocks on a warm spring day while you feel the sun in your face! Or, for me, as you sit on the sofa recapping a busy week and contemplating how good it feels to just relax for a little as you treat yourself to a very special cocktail!
Until next time,
Let’s get cookin’ and bartendin’
French 75 Martini Madeline's Way
- 1 Cocktail Shaker
- 2 Martini or Lowball Cocktail Glasses
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 ½ ounces simple syrup
- ½ ounce warm honey
- 2 ounces limonata (lemon beverage) or club soda
- 1 cup ice
- sugar and lemon rind to rim the glass
- fresh mint for garnish
- Fill shaker with ice.
- Pour in gin, lemon juice, simple syrup and warmed honey.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Top off with limonata or club soda and gently stir to combine (no need to shake again).
- Rim martini glass in a mixture of lemon peel and sugar.
- Pour cocktail into martini glass, drop in a few mint leaves, and enjoy!