WHEN LIFE’S A PEACH, MAKE A PEACH GINGER DAIQUIRI!
Did you know the daiquiri was invented in 1898 and named after the location it was created it? It was in the town of “Daiquiri” in the southeastern tip of Cuba and created from an American mining engineer named Jennings Cox! No wonder it’s such a great drink because it has a long history to call upon to keep this delicious drink alive!
Well, as you have heard me say so many times how fabulous summer fruits and vegetables are, here’s another way to incorporate them into your food and drink! And without a doubt, one of those summertime fruits are peaches in season! They are AMAZING! So in my Madeline’s style, I had to make a homemade FROZEN PEACH GINGER DAIQUIRI!
WHAT A REFRESHING DRINK FOR SUMMERTIME FUN!
Just grab your blender (a must appliance in my household), and add some ice, minute maid limeade, fresh peaches, rum, peach schnapps, and fresh ginger, and you’ve got the Frozen Peach Ginger Daiquiri to enjoy! But the icing on the cake (or the rim on the drink) is a cinnamon and sugar combo! Rim that glass with lime, and dip in a cinnamon sugar mix, and WOW!
HAVE A PEACHY KIND OF DAY!
So on a day like today, when so many things are happening in your life, and you’ve got lists upon lists like I do, try and stop to appreciate the small parts of the day, like after work relaxing with a Frozen Peach Ginger Daiquiri! Or a virgin one for that matter! Just substitute orange juice or iced tea! Whatever floats your boat! For me, in the summer time, it’s a frozen refreshing drink like my Peach Ginger Daiquiri shared with friends and family, each of us telling of the trials and tribulations of the week, looking forward to the weekend or a couple days to rejuvenate before the next full week of work starts!
So until next time,
Let’s get sippin’ together,
Frozen Peach Ginger Daquiri
- 1 Blender
- 1 12 ounce can of Minute Maid Limeade
- 3 ½ cup ice
- 1 ½ cups fresh sliced peaches
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger You can substitute ½ tsp of powdered ginger
- 9 ounces rum Light or dark rum
- 3 ounces Peach Schnapps
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 slices fresh lime
- Pour ice, limeade, rum, and peach schnapps in blender.
- Add sliced peaches and ginger.
- Blend on high for about 1 minute until mixture is smooth and free of chunks of ice.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture around the rim of a small plate.
- Rim glass using a slice of lime, and dip into the cinnamon sugar mix.
- Pour frozen Peach Ginger Daiquiri into your glass. Enjoy!