SUMMETIME AND GRILLING! WHAT COULD BE BETTER!
Summertime is synonymous with grilling, and what could be better than my Grilled Veggies with Tangerine Tequila Marinade? It’s like you are eating and drinking a summertime beverage all in one! And with Capella’s Oil & Vinegar Store’s LACONIKO Tangerine PURVEENO Vinegar flavoring the marinade, your vegetables will be dancing on the grill!
I love incorporating some interesting flavors together in recipes, and orange and tequila just seem to go together! When you make a margarita, in addition to tequila, you put in an orange liqueur and I thought, why not for a marinade?
And listen, you don’t have to use just the vegetables I did, but whatever kind you like to grill! I just love the color of them when you plate them and serve them for your guests. And any that you have left over (which is rare in our house),the next day you can whip up an omelet with them or make fajitas or veggie wraps!
So add this to you summer holiday menu and you will be so happy you did!
Until next time,
Let’s get cookin’ together,
Grilled Summer Vegetables with Tangerine Balsamic Tequila Marinade
- 1 Indoor or outdoor grill
- 1 large mixing bowl or dish
- 1 mason jar with a lid or a small mixing bowl
- Assorted vegetables such as zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, red onion, red, yellow and orange peppers. About two - three of each except just use one eggplant. Feel free to substitute any others you prefer that will grill up well!
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ¼ cup Tequila
- ⅛ cup orange balsamic vinegar I use Capella's Laconiko Premier Gourmet Products Tangerine PUREEVINO Vinegar but you can substitute white or dark balsamic vinegar and juice from 1 orange.
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Hoby's Essentials Happy Paprika seasoning You can substitute 2 tsps of smoked paprika and 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Cut vegetables up into strips or quarters so they are large enough to flip over with tongs.
- Combine remaining ingredients into an 8 ounce mason jar with a lid, or a small mixing bowl.
- Shake or whisk marinade ingredients until everything is well combined.
- Put bvegetables in a large bowl or dish and pour the marinade over the vegetables, tossing so that the marinade until they are well coated.
- Marinate for 30 - 60 minutes.
- Spray grill grates with non-stick spray or coat with avocado oil. Turn heat to medium - high (about 375° - 400°.
- Place vegetables directly onto grill and grill for 6 - 8 minutes on each side, turning over when charcoal grill marks are on the vegetables and they slightly soften.
- Heat up any residual marinade if you'd like and drizzle over vegetables before serving!