MINI CHICKEN MEATBALLS FOR AN APPETIZER OR MAIN COURSE!
When we think about meatballs, we typically think about beef, pork or veal, right? Well the other day I was thinking about “Swedish” meatballs and making an appetizer for an upcoming weekend party. My husband and some of our family members are riding in the City to Shore MS Bike Ride (from Cherry Hill, NJ to Ocean City, NJ) to raise money for the Multiple Sclerosis Society. They have been doing this ride for 16 years!
I stay back at the house in Ocean City and prepare lots of good eats and drinks for the family who so well deserves to be treated well on this weekend! In addition to my Roasted Shrimp, Signature Chili and Cornbread, I’m making these Mini Chicken Meatballs! I basically took my Easy Meatball Recipe with beef, sausage and oats and decided to use ground chicken and chicken sausage!
And with a few additional ingredients like grated cheese, garlic, onion, red pepper, and fresh sage, it couldn’t be easier! And these meatballs can be served by themselves as an appetizer with my Sweet and Tangy Mustard Sauce, or served as a main course with any of my pasta dishes!
HOW WOULD YOU SERVE THESE MINI CHICKEN MEATBALLS!
Let me know how you you would serve these meatballs when you make them! I’m already thinking about serving them in a warm creamy white sauce! What about you?
Until next time,
Let’s get cookin’ together!
Mini Chicken Meatballs
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 2 Aluminum pans or glass dishes
- Parchment Paper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 pound chicken sausage
- ¾ cup oats
- 2 tsps Olive oil I use Capella's Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1 tbsp onion, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp red pepper, minced
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp sage, roughly chopped You can substitute 1 tsp dried sage.
- Preheat oven to 400° convection roast or 425° bake.
- Mix all ingredients in bowl so that ground chicken and chicken sausage are well blended in the mixture.
- Cut parchment paper to fit each of the pans or glass dishes.
- Roll 1 ½ inch size meatballs and place in dishes or pans leaving a little space in between each meatball.
- Roast for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Serve with my Sweet and Tangy Mustard Sauce, or any of my pasta dishes!