WANT TO SPRUCE UP SIMPLE ROASTED POTATOES?
Try them with my Whipped Feta Pesto Sauce! Roasted potatoes are such an easy side dish (or a main dish if you’d like)! They take no time to prepare, and you can just cut them up and blend with some olive oil and seasonings, and pop in the oven to roast until crisp and delicious! So, if you’d like to raise up this dish to the next level, it just take a few ingredients and a small blender to whip up a Pesto Feta Sauce to dollop on top to give a WOW factor the potatoes!
FETA CHEESE IS REBORN!
I was looking at these roasted potatoes this weekend that I made with lemon, rosemary and my blended oil seasoning, and just felt like they needed a kick! And I went through my fridge and pantry for ingredients for something that could offer some “pizzazz” and guess what I found? I pulled out my Feta cheese, buttermilk, Knorr’s Pesto Seasoning packet, red pepper (you know me and adding color to my dishes), garlic and lemon! I grabbed my small size Ninja blender, and went to town!
WHAT A TRANSFORMATION MY FOR ROASTED POTATOES!
I couldn’t wait to roast those potatoes up, and dollop on a big spoonful of the Whipped Feta Pesto with Lemon and Rosemary! So easy, and what a difference it added to the dish! I’m already thinking about using this Whipped Pesto Feta with a pasta dish, as a spread on a Chicken Sandwich, or as a dip with veggies and pita chips! The possibilities are endless! What would you do with it?
Until next time,
Let’s get cookin” together,
Multi-Colored Roasted Potatoes with Whipped Pesto Feta
- 1 Large aluminum pan or cookie sheet
- 1 small blender or food processor
- 2 pounds multi-colored potatoes, washed and cut in 1 - 1 ½ inch pieces.
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup Madeline's Blended Oil Seasoning You can substitute ¼ cup olive oil, 1 tsp minced onion, 1 tsp minced garlic, 2 tsp Kosher salt and 1 tsp black pepper.
Whipped Pesto Feta
- 5 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp Knorr's Pesto Seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary (split) 1 tbsp for the feta mix and 1 tbsp for garnish
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- Preheat oven to 400° on convection roast or bake setting.
- Wash and dry potatoes. Slice into 1 - 1½ inch cubes.
- Blend with Madeline's Blended Oil Seasoning (or substitution) and juice of half of the lemon.
- SPread out onto cookie sheet or aluminum pan.
- Roast or bake for 30 minutes, turning once after 15 minutes.
Whipped Pesto Feta
- Place feta, buttermilk, garlic, rosemary, juice of the remaining half of the lemon, and the pesto seasoning in the blender or food processor.
- Blend for 1 minute until smooth.
- Place a dollop on each serving of potatoes, and garnish with a little red bell pepper and rosemary.