HAVE YOU HEARD OF HAVING A MARGARITA FOR DINNER?
I have! But not in the way you think! It’s my One Pan Roasted Mango Margarita Chicken with Red Potatoes and Carrots! I found out it was International Margarita Day on February 22nd, and thought what better way to enjoy a mango margarita than to make a dinner out of it! I know you all love my Mango Margarita, and I’m double sure you will love my Oven Roasted Mango Margarita Chicken!
Food has become so expensive in 2023, and even chicken has increased in price. Sometimes we forget that bone-in chicken breasts are fantastic and can be a lot cheaper than boneless breasts! And juicier, too! And personally I love to leave the skin on so it holds in the juice as the meat cooks, making it so tender when it comes out of the oven.
MANGO MARGARITA MARINADE ALL SHOOK UP!
And all you have to do is add the marinade ingredients together in a jar with a lid, shake it up and pour it over the chicken, potatoes, carrots and garlic! Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165°. It really couldn’t be easier!
So when you serve my Oven Roasted Mango Margarita Chicken, grab the recipe for my Mango Margarita and toast to International Margarita Day!
Until next time,
Let’s get cookin’ together,
One Pan Roasted Mango Margarita Chicken with Red Potatoes and Carrots!
- 1 Large cookie sheet with sides or large aluminum pan
- 1 16 ounce mason jar or shaker of some kind
- 4 large chicken breasts (bone in and skin on)
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut in small quarters
- 2 large carrots, cut in half lengthwise and sliced in 1/4 inch thick slices
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced very thin
- ½ cup sours mix (juice from about 2 lemons and 2 limes)
- ⅓ cup avocado oil You can substitute olive or vegetable oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tbsp Hoby's Essential's Happy Paprika You can substitute regular or smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Hoby's Essentials Rosemary Salt You can substitute Kosher salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- ⅓ cup tequila (any brand) I used Lunazul tequila
- 1 large mango, peeled and roughly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400° convection roast or. bake setting
- Spray large cookie sheet or aluminum pan with non-stick spray.
- Lay chicken breasts in pan.
- Arrange potatoes, carrots, garlic and mango throughout the pan.
- Mix sours mix, oil, honey, tequila, paprika, salt, and pepper in a mason jar or any jar / tupperware with a lid. Shake well.
- Pour liquid over chicken and vegetables.
- Roast uncovered for 15 minutes, then cover with aluminum foil and cook another 15 minutes. Chicken is done when it has reached 165°.