WHEN YOU HEAR PEACHES AND CREAM, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF?
I think of a velvety, smooth and light fluffy treat, and it just sounds like Spring to me! Peaches and cream seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly! And once you taste this Peaches and Cream Tart dessert, you’ll never have peaches without cream cheese! This dessert comes from one of my favorite cookbooks, the June Fete Fare cookbook. My dear friend, Pat, also shared it with me years ago as well!
WHAT MAKES THIS DESSERT SO EASY TO MAKE AND TASTES SO GOOD?
This dessert doesn’t have a traditional crust, but uses the “cook n serve” vanilla Jell-O pudding, flour, egg, milk, oil and baking powder all dumped into a bowl, blended and poured into the tart dish! And all you need for the peaches is a can of them, sliced and placed in the crust mixture in a fanning out pattern. After you mix cream cheese, sugar and some peach juice from the can of peaches, you’ve got this fluffy, sweet clouds of cream cheese that is placed in tablespoonfuls around the tart. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon sugar mixture, and the rest is history!
Now I like to make a Raspberry Sauce for it, to take it over the top! A simple sauce made of Raspberry Liqueur, raspberry jam and some cornstarch to thicken and this just adds an elegance to the dessert!
MAKE IT A FEEL GOOD DAY WITH PEACHES AND CREAM TART!
So when you’re looking for a a light, creamy dessert to feel good or to impress some guests after a hearty meal together, this Peaches and Cream Tart with Raspberry Sauce is your answer! And you can also use a pie plate instead of a tart dish or a 9″ x 9″ square pan for Peaches and Cream Squares!
Until next time,
Let’s get cookin’ and bakin’
Peaches and Cream Tart Oh My!
- 2 Medium Mixing Bowls
- 1 Hand or Stand Mixer
- 1 Small Mixing Bowl
- 1 9" x 9" tart or pie dish or square pan
Peaches and Cream Tart Crust
- ¾ cup flour
- 3 ounces cook n serve vanilla Jello-O pudding mix DO NOT substitute instant
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tbsps vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 20 ounce can of sliced peaches
Cream Cheese Filling
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp juice from the drained peach slices
- sugar and cinnamon mix 1 tsp cinnamon and 2 tbsps sugar
- ¼ cup raspberry or mixed berry jam
- 1 tbsp raspberry liqueur (D' Amore or Chambord)
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsps cold water
Peaches and Cream Crust
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix dry ingredients together (flour, pudding mix, baking powder) in a medium bowl.
- Add beaten egg, milk and oil (or melted butter) and blend well.
- Pour into tart, pie or square dish.
- Drain the peach slices but SAVE 3 TBSPS OF THE JUICE from the can.
- Gently arrange the peach slices in a flan pattern in the crust.
Cream Cheese Filling
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar and the 3 tbsps of the peach juice and blend until mixture is smooth from lumps.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls around the pie so that all of the cream cheese mixture is used.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly around the pie.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes, checking that the crust does not come out wet when using a cake tester or it springs back when gently pressed on with your finger.
- Mix jam and raspberry liqueur in a small bowl.
- Mix cornstarch and water until cornstarch is thoroughly dissolved.
- Mix the jam mixture and the cornstarch until well blended.
- Microwave for 1 minute or med-high. Mixture will thicken some.
- Stir to blend and reserve to drizzle on top of each slice when serving the dessert.