IT’S THE SEASON FOR PUMPKIN TURKEY TACOS!
When fall arrives we can’t step out our door without seeing pumpkins everywhere! And we love to eat (and drink) everything pumpkin! And as I was starting to think about my Thanksgiving menu, and how turkey and pumpkin go so well together I was craving for them both! But of course it isn’t time for the 25 pound turkey yet, so I thought why not use ground turkey and make turkey tacos, and add pumpkin!
When I make tacos, whether it is with ground beef or ground turkey, I love adding vegetables into the meat as I sauté it! And now by adding pumpkin, it will be a healthy meal! Pumpkin is very good for, by having vitamins C and E, iron and folate. All this helps to strengthen our immune systems! So it’s another great reason to add pumpkin in a dish! It’s not just for the taste!
SIMPLE TO MAKE AND A HIT WITH THE FAMILY!
So anytime you want a double twist to traditional tacos made with ground beef, try my Pumpkin Turkey Tacos! Whether you like filling soft or hard taco shells, or roasted peppers, zucchini boats, or putting the ground turkey over top of romaine, you’ll want to make these Pumpkin Turkey Tacos all year round!
Until next time,
Let’s get cookin’ together,
Pumpkin Turkey Tacos
- 1 Large Stove Top Sauté Pan
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup pumpkin (canned)
- 4 cups chopped vegetable variety (green/orange/yellow/red pepper, grape tomato, onion, cucumber or zucchini, black olives
- 1 tbsp Kohler Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (lime, lemon or white if you have it)
- Heat oil in sauté pan on low - medium heat.
- Place assorted cut up vegetables in the pan, along with the pumpkin, balsamic vinegar and sauté until they begin to soften, about 6 - 8 minutes.
- Push vegetables to the side of the pan, add ground turkey, salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Break up the ground turkey and as it begins to cook, push the vegetables back in with the meat, and continue to sauté the meat and vegetables until the turkey is cooked through.
- Plate your ground turkey mix on warmed soft tacos or hard shell tacos with your preferred fixings such as; shredded cheese, scallions, black olives, and sour cream!