WANT AN EASY WAY TO DO STUFFED PEPPERS?
Let me show you! I grew up with my Mom making stuffed peppers with ground beef, rice and tomato sauce and we just LOVED them! Mom had this black and white speckled roasting pan with a lid that she used for this dish, along with pot roasts and roasted chickens.
You know me, I love these aluminum pans that I get in bulk from Costco, and they work great! All you need for this recipe is green bell peppers, ground beef or turkey, rice (your choice of white or brown), onions, garlic, salt, pepper, Costco’s Organic No-Salt Seasoning (you can substitute Italian Herb Blend), tomato paste or sauce, grated Italian cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese!
AROUND 30 MINUTES AND YOU HAVE DINNER!
Once you have your peppers cut in half, you can just put them in the oven to roast on 400º for about 15 minutes. While the peppers are roasting, just saute up your onions, garlic, beef and seasonings!
I took a short cut and used the packet of microwaveable rice, then mixing the beef and rice together. Add some tomato paste or sauce (whichever you have in your pantry), grated Italian cheese, and stuff those peppers. Sprinkle some shredded mozzarella on top, and put back in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, and dinner is served!
Until next time,
Let’s get cookin together,
Roasted Ground Beef and Rice Stuffed Peppers
- 1 Large Stove Top Sauté Pan
- 1 13"x9" Aluminum Pan
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 2 x-large green bell peppers
- 1 tbsp Madeline's Blended Oil Seasoning You can substitute plain olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1 ½ cups white or brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp Kirkland Organic No-Salt Seasoning You can substitute Italian Herb Blend
- ¼ cup tomato paste or sauce
- ¼ cup grated Italian cheese I use locatelli
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° on convection roast or bake.
- Core and slice peppers in half.
- Add peppers to aluminum pan and sprinkle with oil.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Spray stove top pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Turn on low - medium heat.
- Saute onions and garlic for a few minutes, careful not to burn.
- Add ground beef and seasonings, tossing until meat is cooked.
- Drain meat with slotted spoon into medium mixing bowl.
- Add rice and grated Italian cheese and combine.
- Soon ¼ of mixture into each pepper. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Roast or bake another 10 - 15 minutes until cheese is melted on top.