With such busy work weeks and even during the weekends, it’s nice to know there is always something easy to whip up for dinner or lunch! When Chicken Breasts are on sale at the grocery store I like to buy a few packs and freeze them to pull out and cook up when I need a healthy, delicious dinner! Chicken is so versatile and so many people really enjoy it! And to make it better, I’ve just started using this amazing Rosemary Salt Blend Seasoning from Hoby’s Essentials! I get so excited when I find a delicious condiment, spice, kitchen utensil, or an ingredient I haven’t used before and it just transforms a dish or the way I cook! My husband just installed a new GE Profile gas oven at our home in Ocean City! I was giddy! Having gas to cook on for me is just the best! I felt like I had a new toy!
I know you’re not supposed to love “things” and believe me, I’m truly grateful for everything that surrounds me from the love of family, friends, and community to the homes we live in and the health we have. But I can’t help but get excited about ANYTHING that has to do with food, entertaining and decorating! I could wake up every day and dig into cooking, decorating and entertaining with so many products, goods and “things” available! After meeting Hoby Wedler years ago, who is blind from birth, I think about what if I didn’t have my eye sight? Would I be a different person? Would I be less excited about “things” that I love or would there be other things that excite me, ground me, and make me a better person? Hoby has such a aura about him, and his palette is AMAZING, and he has taught me so much in the way of taste, smell and texture!
So I have to remember to stop and “smell the roses”….literally! Be in the moment, be grateful for the sounds, smells, and textures around me that make life more than just what I see! Thank you, Hoby for being who you are and what you teach others just by being you.
Until next time…
Let’s get cookin’
Rosemary Rub Chicken Breast
- Large Stove Top Sauté Pan
- 3 lbs boneless chicken breast you can substitute thighs if you'd like
- ½ cup avocado oil you can substitute olive, canola or grapeseed
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp Rosemary Salt Blend from Hoby's Essentials you can substitute 2 tsp kosher salt, 3 tsp crushed rosemary, and 2 tsp lemon pepper
- ⅙ cup fresh lemon juice (about half of a lemon)
- ¼ cup white wine
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Remove chicken from package and open up breasts a little by cutting them apart slightly.
- Lay out chicken breasts on a board and cover with plastic or parchment paper overtop of the breasts.
- Pound the chicken firmly with a meat pounder on its smooth side, or if you don't have one, make a fist and use the side of your hand to pound the chicken until flattened.
- Remove the plastic or parchment paper, sprinkle with oil on both sides, and rub with the Rosemary Salt Blend. or use the substitution ingredients.
- Press the breasts with with chopped garlic.
- Spray your pan with non-stick spray if desired.
- Drizzle remaining oil in pan and heat to medium - medium high.
- Place chicken breasts in the pan, and sauté for 6-7 minutes per side.
- Remove breasts to a plate and keep covered.
- Sauté the remaining chicken breasts and remove to the plate and keep covered.
- Pour white wine and lemon juice into the pan, deglazing the garlic and brown pieces as you stir.
- Continue to deglaze and stir the liquid for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle fresh rosemary in the pan and combine into the liquid.
- Pour the liquid over the plated chicken, garnish with rosemary springs and fresh lemon.