WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO WITH GRILLED PEACHES?
Make a drink, of course! It just came to me! One of my followers reminded me that ginger goes so well with peaches! And when I saw I had Smoked Maple Whiskey from Knob Creek in my bar, I had an epiphany! A Smoked Maple Whiskey drink with Ginger Beer, Ginger Syrup, Grilled Peaches and Luxardo Maraschino Cherries for garnish! What could be better?!
I made a quick simple syrup with fresh ginger, and grabbed a special bourbon glass from my bar along with a large ice cube. Dropped a grilled peach in the bottom then the ice cube, and poured in the whiskey, ginger beer and syrup, and topped it off with another peach slice and a couple maraschino cherries. I have to say the taste was AMAZING! Kudos to Knob Creek for a Smoked Maple Whiskey and Fever Tree for their Ginger Beer!
I hope you give this a try and feel free to experiment! My next time will be adding a little “smoke” to it!
Until next time,
Let’s get cookin’ and bartendin’
Smoked Maple Whiskey with Grilled Peaches, Ginger Beer and Ginger Syrup
- 1 Whiskey glass
- 1 Large, round/square Ice cube
- 2 ounces Knob Creek Smoked Maple Whiskey
- 2 slices of a grilled peach about ¼ of a peach
- 1 tbsp ginger simple syrup (Boil 1 cup sugar with 1 cup water and 6-8 slices fresh ginger for 10 minutes)
- 2 ounces Fever Tree Ginger Beer I like their refreshingly light
- 2 Luxardo Maraschino cherries
- Put one peach slice in the whiskey glass. Add ice cube.
- Pour whiskey, ginger syrup and ginger beer into glass.
- Add Maraschino cherries and gently mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Top with second slice of peach. Enjoy!