I can’t wait to share this very special Kahlua Cheesecake dessert with everyone during this Holiday season! My dear friend next door shared this recipe with me about 30 years ago and it is a winner among winners! I have won baking contests with this cheesecake (well, contests at two places of employment as a team-building exercise)! And I promise you this will be one for the records!
YOU’LL NEVER BAKE A CHEESECAKE AGAIN!
Most of the no-bake cheesecakes are the ones you get on a box in the baking aisle that you grab in a pinch when you need to make a quick dessert. They’re not bad, actually, but once you make my Kahlua Cheesecake, you will never want to bake another cheesecake again! And no worries about the cheesecake cracking either in the oven or while it’s cooling after you bake it!
HOW CAN YOU MAKE A CHEESECAKE WITHOUT BAKING IT?
The recipe follows most all the cheesecake recipes that you bake except you substitute evaporated milk for the eggs and use gelatin to thicken the batter as it sets in the refrigerator.
IS THIS CHEESECAKE HARD TO MAKE?
This cheesecake is not difficult to make at all! It does have a few steps that involve dissolving the plan gelatin in warm water, and whipping some heavy cream, but other than that, everything is done in the blow of your stand mixer. And this cheesecake is great for special occasions, such as the Christmas and New Year’s Holidays and intimate dinner parties. It will WOW your guests! Wait until you see!
WHY DOES IT COME SO CREAMY AND TASTE SO LIGHT?
This recipe uses 24 ounces of cream cheese (3, 8-ounce bars), and with the fresh whipped cream you’ll see it makes this cheesecake a creamy one, and not your typical cheesecake that is more structured and firm because it is baked in the oven! You can tell how creamy this cheesecake is as you pour it into the springform pan! And when you cut into it, “Oh my!”
So when you really want to WOW everyone with a dessert, this is the one to make! It’s heaven on a plate!
Until next time,
Let’s get cookin’ and bakin’,
No-Bake Kahlua Cheesecake
- Stand or hand mixer
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 9" Springform Pan
- Small Mixing Bowl
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese (3, 8 ounce bars), softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup cold water
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup Kahlua liqueur
- ¾ cup heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 1 tbsp Espresso Balsamic Vinegar (optional) I use Capella's Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
Graham Cracker Crust
- Spray the bottom and sides of the springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a glass bowl in the microwave.
- Pour graham cracker crumbs into the melted butter and stir together until well blended.
- Press crumbs into the bottom of the pan and chill.
- Whip heavy cream in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Chill until needed.
- Pour gelatin into 1/2 cup of water and microwave for about 30 seconds until the gelatin is well dissolved.
- Place cream cheese in large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and beat on medium speed until well blended.
- Gradually add evaporated milk and lemon juice and continue to blend on low speed.
- Add gelatin and beat until fluffy.
- Add Kahlua and vanilla and blend.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into the springform pan and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- To decorate, pipe whipped cream around edge the of the cheesecake and place chocolate covered coffee beans in the whip cream around the cake. (Optional.)
- Add a drizzle of Espresso Balsamic Vinegar and Wowza!