WANT A SHORTCUT TO MAKING A TRADITIONAL CUSTARD?
Try my Vanilla and Chocolate Pudding Shooters! Years ago, my dear friend, Pat, gave me her Cream Puff and Chocolate Eclair recipe and told me about the secret behind the cream in the center. You may know that traditional cream puffs and eclairs have a homemade custard filling that you cook over the stove. And yes, it is DELISH!
But when you have a way to still make a custard dessert and substitute some ingredients that make it a little easier and just as silky and delicious, why not? This dessert is the way to go! Just grab some Instant Chocolate and Vanilla JELL-O pudding mixes, whole milk, sour cream and fresh or store bought whipped cream!
SURPRISE YOUR GUESTS WITH A LITTLE “TREAT” FOR DESSERT?
And you want to know what the surprise is? You add a little bit of liqueur or vodka in each pudding mix! I chose Godiva Chocolate Liqueur and Smirnoff’s Kissed Caramel Flavored Vodka! I put the Godiva in the chocolate pudding and the Kissed Caramel Vodka in the vanilla pudding! The dessert has a silky texture with a subtle caramel and chocolate delight to the pudding!
And all I had to do was let the pudding chill until it firmed up, and layer it with whipped cream in a plastic dessert shooter I purchased on Amazon! You can order little spoons, too! Now you can blend the chocolate and vanilla pudding in one shooter, or make separate vanilla and chocolate shooters! If you make them separate, top the vanilla shooter with something like crushed vanilla wafers, and the chocolate with chocolate sprinkles or crushed chocolate wafers! Have some fun!
Until next time,
Let’s get dessertin’ together,
Vanilla and Chocolate Pudding Surprise Shooters
- 3 Medium Mixing Bowls
- 1 Stand or hand mixer
- 24 Plastic shooter dessert cups with mini spoons
- 3 ounce JELL-O Vanilla Instant Pudding package
- 3 ounce JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding package
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tbsp Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- 2 tbsp Smirnoff's Kissed Caramel Flavored Vodka
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream You can substitute store-bought whipped cream like Cool-Whip.
- ¼ cup confectioner's sugar
- In separate bowls, beat on medium-high speed 1 cup whole milk with the vanilla pudding mix and 1 cup whole milk with the chocolate pudding mix until smooth.
- Add in 1 cup of sour cream to each bowl. Beat on low speed until sour cream is well blended in with the pudding mixes.
- Add Kissed Caramel Vodka to vanilla pudding and Chocolate Liqueur to the chocolate pudding and beat on low to combine.
- If using fresh heavy whipping cream, beat whipping cream on highest speed with confectioner's sugar until cream forms peaks the texture of whipped cream.
- Chill pudding and whipped cream in refrigerator until firmly set.
- Alternately layer pudding and whipped cream in dessert shooter. Top with crushed vanilla or chocolate wafers, sprinkles, or shaved chocolate. Whatever garnish is to your liking.