WHAT AN EASY WAY TO MAKE APPLE PIE IN A DISH!
So when you are craving an apple pie but not the work involved in it, try my Warm Apple Crisp with Friendly’s Vanilla Caramel Swirl Ice Cream! It’s a crowd pleasure for sure! With just six simple ingredients, you will wow your family and friends, especially as a dessert for your Thanksgiving meal!
Although you still have to slice apples, once you get in the groove of slicing them, it really doesn’t take long. I doubled the recipe here because my family always has seconds at dessert time!
DO YOU USE A KNIFE OR A PEELER TO PEEL YOUR APPLES?
I have always used a pairing knife to peel my apples, but many people use a peeler. I slice them in half, then in quarters, cut out the center seed section, and slice the skin off lengthwise. Slice and repeat! Yet I see so many people use a peeler! I did try it a couple times, but I feel like I can’t catch the skin and I end up destroying the apples!
Once the apples are peeled, the rest is easy peezy!
Just combine the butter, sugar and flour in a food processor or blender, pulse until it becomes crumb-like, pour the water over the apples, sprinkle the Pumpkin Pie Spice, and spread out the crumb mixture over top! Bake and serve warm with a Vanilla Caramel Swirl Ice Cream! Everyone will go nuts over it!
So until next time,
Let’s get cooking’ and bakin’ together,
Apple Crisp with Vanilla Caramel Swirl Ice Cream
- 1 Food Processor or Blender
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 9" x 13" glass or aluminum pan
- 8 cups sliced apples I like Granny Smith and Macintosh
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 8 tbsp butter, chilled
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup oatmeal optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Skin and slice apples about ¼-inch thick.
- Spread apples evenly in the glass dish or aluminum pan.
- Pour water over apples.
- Sprinkle Pumpkin Pie Spice over apples.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse flour, sugar and butter until mixture is crumb-like.
- Spread evenly over apples.
- Bake for 1 hour until apple mixture is bubbling and topping is slightly browned.
- Serve warm with a scoop of Vanilla Caramel Swirl Ice Cream.